Monday, May 10, 2010

Things are just getting started (rambling)

Semester started a week ago, and everything is already in full gear. Already there's a ton of material to learn. In the tradition of continuously tweaking my studying routine, I have embarked on a new journey, a journey that involves reading the days material and also reading ahead. It is getting more difficult to maintain this routine especially with an increase in things that I want and need to do: soccer (keeps me sane), martial arts (same as soccer), Student Government Association, exercise/cardio (building up my stamina for a competition I would like to participate in), tutoring sessions, learning swimming... etc.

Juggling everything will take some serious time management. Still, it is doable and will be fulfilling once everything is done

I feel rejuvenated from my break. Although short it served its purpose. I stayed on the island and got a special visitor. Vincenza, my girlfriend, made it up to St. Maarten to enjoy the island with me. It was good to see her in person again and not just talk over skype. We went adventuring on the island and explored what it had to offer. We went ziplining with Benji, his girlfriend Irene, and Claudia; went to St. Maarten Zoo; had great meals at different native restaurants; partied at a few clubs; went to a soca concert and then to a reggae concert, in which Beenie Man, Busy Signal and Ja q performed; relaxed at the beach and then by the pool in my appartment complex; and just slept in at times. We squeezed all of this into my week and a half break.

This break was short but still good enough. Now back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment