Saturday, May 29, 2010

Going high Tech in my fitness training!


The past two days, thursday and Friday, I did all my activities wearing a "forerunner 305". On thursday I played soccer with it. Then right after playing soccer for one hour I run a mile and change with it around campus. Then on friday I run around around campus with it on. I was running a bit faster than normal (a mile in 7 minutes) I felt the strap around my chest as i attempted to take in larger breaths. I love this watch soo far.



Vincenza bought me this little gadget as an early birthday present to help me prepare for a martial arts competition that I'll be partaking in come a month.

The forerunner 305 monitors my heart rate as i run: I can tell how high my HR goes during exertion and then i can monitor how fast it goes back to resting stating. Additionally, it has a gps system on that tracks distances and more specifically saves courses that i run. Later, I can run on that same course and see if I'm behind or in front of the time I used to run the course the prior time. (theres a simulation map that with two triangles: one of me while i'm actually running and the other of me when I run the day prior.)

One word: HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment