Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thoughts on Step 2 cs


Like I said before I did not complete one of my notes, additionally I am not enthused with my performance overall. There a few more questions I could have asked, a few more physical exams that I could have performed. However, it is a focused exam with time limitations so I hope I did enough to pass. That said, the whole exam is organized to make things run smoothly. I can not divulge anything about the exact cases that I was tested on so I will not talk or answer questions about the actual cases I had.

I got to the center about thirty minutes early. We waited in the lobby for a few minutes. From there we were ushered upstairs and after confirming that we were scheduled for the day we were moved into a room with a locker for our things, a bunch of wooden desks and a tv. We watched the orientation video below; its the same one that is on the Step 2 cs website. After this we got to play with the tools that we would be using. Then it was down to business.

There were two scheduled breaks. During the first break they served some food. Nothing too extravagant but good enough to provide the fuel needed for the rest of the day. So if you were like me and only showed up with a pack of gum you were all set. Hey at least some of that exorbitant fee for taking this exam went towards food.


I was allowed to use my long coat. thank goodness.

The staff was helpful and did not do anything to distract us from the task at hand. The patients played their roles well. We played our roles. Now I just sit and wait for THREE MONTHS. This is so long. They have to change this lengthy waiting period.

This brings my posts of Step 2 cs to a close. Hope you enjoyed it.  

Update:
I failed!!! I was devastated. How could I fail the CS exam?? Thinking back there main reason was that I did not prepare myself adequately.

On my second attempt, I made sure to devote sufficient time and as well as practice to the exam; I made sure that I understood what they were looking for in grading the exam. I passed, but man that blemish will be on my record forever.

This is now about two years after the exam and I have tutored others to make sure they do not fall where I fell.

My advice to you, if you are reading this, is to not take this exam lightly. Study appropriately with knowledgeable partners and you will pass. Any questions let me know.

Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment