Monday, October 7, 2013

Countdown to step 2 cs: 2 days left


I woke up, practiced my full physical examination and then focused on my neurological examination. Around 4 pm I drove off to showdown site, and checked into the sheraton a block away from the test center.
 At this point I have already gone through all the cases in first aid, and have reviewed the mini cases multiple times. In the evening, i reviewed a full length case and noticed i had tunnel vision because i knew what was coming and what answers were expected in the case. The solution for this is to  treat every case like new, like its the first time you are seeing it, ask open ended questions, and figure out solution from scratch.

Finally, I am meeting my time deadline of 15 minutes per case. For this to happen I changed my approach to being more focused both in the amount of questions and in the physical exam. Now I do not ask every question under the topic instead i get chief complaint, the associated problems and get descriptions of all problems (quality, duration, location etc.)

Later while lounging in my nice hotel room, I noticed I left my white coat and shirts at home in my haste. Not to worry, there's macy's close by. Tomorrow I will do some shopping. This is why you always give yourself some time leeway. Good thing I arrived a two days prior.

Tomorrow is my last free day before D day. Will iron out a few details and just practice to make sure I have the overall routine to approaching the patient down.

Vine: That moment you see you are in the same class as someone you know.

youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxG035tQJ8c

No comments:

Post a Comment