Friday, October 4, 2013

Countdown to step 2cs: 5 days



I made a lot of progress. I now have only nine cases to go through, meaning I will have seen all the cases at least once ahead of the planned time, saturday. This leaves saturday to do some revision.

Today, I went through 13 cases: 9 back to back in the afternoon, and 4 back to back in the evening. This time i spent ten minutes after every case writing my notes. My head felt really stuffed and heavy after about the 6th case but i pushed on.

Issues:
1) still struggling with time. My best time was 10 -11 min but that was a pediatric case that involved no physical exam. My best time with adult cases was 15 min. My slowest time was 22 min.
2) Enuresis, rape,  mva, and pregnancy cases

Solution:
1) time: stick as closely to pneumonic as possible and then after ask extra questions.
2) make a list of cases that I need to focus including the ddx, diag wkup, and questions and review them daily





















Side note: its thanks to my sister and girlfriend that I have progressed so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment