Friday, December 25, 2009

Work ethic

Discussions with upperclassmen on the ValueMd.com forum make it clear that you have to work every hard everyday to perform very well in medical school. In my years of working hard, albeit working hard last minute, I have learned that there is working hard and there is working hard efficiently.

If you work hard without a plan you will make progress but not the kind of progress you desire. The people that work hard but not efficiently are always complaining about how nothing works, how they have put in days with little result.

Working hard efficiently with a goal in mind, with structure, it becomes easier to remember things faster and usually results in higher performances.

I will work very hard. Yes. But I will also work efficiently. There will be no last minute studying. My goal and resolution for 2010 is to study hard everyday, and try to study as much as possible.

Good luck to all... Merry Christmas again guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment