Monday, February 20, 2017

Progress On My New Years Resolutions 2/20/17

I wrote about some of my resolutions for 2017 here. In order to make sure I follow through on them I occasionally check on my progress in fulfilling my resolutions.  Below is my first progress check. 


Resolutions:
-        
  1.       Reading 1 book a month: complete fail. I started reading Arnold Schwarzenegger's autobiography but the book kept going and going. I lost track. I thought I would be done earlier because I assumed it would be a short book, because its on Arnold - he did bodybuilding and movies and thats it right!!! There's a saying about making assumptions... It makes an ___ out of you and I.  Boy was I wrong. He has done so many things in his life that the book is expansive. As a result of that I got bugged down in the middle of the book. Then there are the residency interviews. But that’s ok. I am getting back to reading.
  2.       Giving a speech to high school kids to motivate them: I’m still working on building up material.
  3.       Competing in the international speech contest: I competed in my two public speaking clubs. I won in one club and placed second in the other. The people I competed against were stellar.
  4.       Youtube videos: I have been making videos on my public speaking journey. 
  5.        Matching: I will find out March 13th. Lets all pray for me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment