Monday, January 8, 2018

The year 2017 in review and plans/goals for 2018

1/8/2018
FINALLY A BREAK. Today is the first day of my very first vacation in Residency. Its been 6 months of growth and managing patients. I started residency in 7/1/17 and it has been go go go. I haven’t had the time to sit down and analyze what I will be doing, what my plans will be for this new year, and what look at what I accomplished last year. I’m going to take a look at my resolutions from last year and see how things panned out. Dun dun dun dun dun.

“In 2017, my goal is to match into a good residency program, to give a speech in front of a high school students, make more youtube videos, compete in the World championship of public speaking, and give you readers more value by blogging about the standardized exams that Medical students and Residents face.”

I did match into a great residency program! Yay! I did compete in the world championship of public speaking however I did not make it to the finally stages. I blogged decently until I started residency and it happened far and in between. Out of the minimum of 13 books that I was supposed to read – because I read about 3 books and am literally past the half way point of 3 other books. As for giving a speech in front of large crowds that has not happened yet.
This year I will carry over the things that I was not able to accomplish plus add a few more. For the things I was not able to accomplish I will set the bar a little lower so that I can accomplish them. The idea being so long as I can get the ball rolling and stay consistent I will more likely to follow through. This way of thinking has served me well through out my years. Enough rambling…
My goals for this year are
      1 )      HIT 400’s in the ITE exam. I got a 370 and that was with no studying.
      2)     Read 6 books. I tried to read more than a book a year, however, that didn’t pan out in 2017 because of my busy schedule. 6 books a year is not too bad and it will be more than the 3 books I read last year.
      3)      Volunteer work. I want to volunteer. I did look for different sites where I can volunteer maybe in a soup kitchen but all these places required you to fill out all these forms. I put it off till next tiem and the next time never came. I will try to get on it this time.
      4)      Giving speeches to the youth. I would like to motivate and inspire young minds, to held set them up for a successful life in regards economics/finances/attaining their goals. I’m still trying to figure out how I will get this accomplished
      5)      Blog at between 6 -12 x this year. This bar is really low. Looool. It’ll definitely be cathartic but hopefully serve some value to whoever reads this.
      6) Buy an apartment



Will review again in 3 months – March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment