Thursday, July 27, 2017

The love of coffee is sooo right but soo wrong

Drinking coffee is unacceptable.... but necessary.

I have been adamantly against drinking coffee because I do not like the taste. At least this is how I felt until residency started. Since July started I have been drinking coffee everyday. About 2 weeks ago I started to feel hmmm... not so bad. Now i feel this is actually good.

I started drinking a type of coffee called Dunkichino and have actually been looking forward to it. It has a hint of coffee but then wait wait there's hot chocolate there too. As a lover of hot chocolate the hint of each was simply orgasmic.

Even after a day of drinking a cup of coffee i would come home exhausted - I know it is normal to be tired after a long days work but I don't like it. If I am not careful coffee will become my morning routine, something I depend on to give me an energy boost. Coffee is not something that I want to be addicted to, or to rely on, as such I have turned back to exercising.

After I injured my knees playing amateur league soccer I have abstained from any vigorous exercise of any kind especially soccer/kick boxing/running. Its been about 2 years since the pain in my knees was so much that walking was an effort. Now while I can walk without pain I will still not play soccer or do kick boxing. I found something else i can do.

Yesterday was the first day I did cardio shadowing boxing for 1 minute. Today I did that for 10 minutes in addition to my usual routine of push ups and sit ups and squats. This is the plan after each work day from now on. I am doing this so that I can build up my energy and stamina for the day. While I might not feel a change in energy in the first week or two, I'm sure by the 3rd week I should start increasing my stamina so that I do not get tired at the end of the day.

When I can stop get to the point where coffee is not only unacceptable but ALSO UNnecessary, at that point I will stop drinking coffee. Until then I will dabble in coffee like a pro...

No comments:

Post a Comment