Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Why Christmas holds a special place in my heart!

Christmas time is a special time for me.

This has nothing to do with gifts. I am not a material kind of guy. There are, usually, not that many things that I am interested in buying. Also, if I want to buy it I would’ve bought it already. I won't wait for Christmas. When I do buy something, it is likely to a cheap a book that I just can’t wait to devour. Otherwise there isn’t much that I anticipate getting.

To me Christmas has meaning because two related reasons.

The first is that it is my father’s birthday. My father holds a special place in my heart. He’s a cool dad. As a result of it being his birthday, we as a family spend it Christmas together always, which brings me to my next point.

The second part of Christmas that I enjoy is that I get to spend it with whole family. The food always tastes good in great company. We get to talk and eat and relax. Not a bad combination that can be beaten.

I had a great time this Christmas. The spreads for the day were dished up my sister. She flexed her cooking skills in the kitchen, conjuring up something special. We ate and ate and ate. Whew. I’m sure I gained an extra 5 lbs this day.


I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas as well, and if you do not celebrate Christmas I hope you had a good time off from work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment