Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The anxiety of applying to the match


Its 10/26/16 and I have not received a single FM interview yet. Tic toc. Applications opened in September 15,2016, tic toc. Many have received numerous interview invites, but I have received nothing yet. Tic Toc. Some programs have already filled all their interview slots. Tic Toc.

The nerves as time goes by. I am in the same position as last time. Well not necessarily the same since I have at least one im interview. I want family medicine interviews. Will I get any interviews? Will I even get the opportunity to match.


No matter, what my nerves do, I know one thing. I will push to the end. I will contact these programs over and over. Why? I am interested in them. 

Edit:
I wrote this on 10/26/16,  at a time I had no interviews. Today, 12/14/16, I am sitting on 5 interviews. The Match is getting more and more competitive now so interviews are tough to get especially when you have a blemish on your USMLE transcript. I pray I do well in my interviews. Practice, Practice, Practice is the name of the game. 

2 comments:

  1. hey, did you end up matching and what are your scores like? do u require a visa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I matched. My scores were not the greatest. I believe a 225, 214, and then 206, in step 1, 2, and 3 respectively. I did have an attempt in CS. Did not need a visa.

      Delete