Friday, March 2, 2018

2018 reading list: 6th and 7th book in the bag

Not quite the book or books that were next on my reading list but I finished them non the less. As per my last post I wanted to complete an EKG book called, by Dubins. However, I ended up reading two very different books.

1) Build a rental property empire, by Mark Ferguson: This book has zero to do with medicine. However, I'm very interested in investing so any chance I get I scour through an investing book. The book provided a behind the scenes look at how he bought and how you thought through buying his properties.

2) Washington Manual Internship Survival guide: I read through this whole book. And let me tell you I wish I had read this book before I started residency. Its short, well for medical book its short, and an easy read. It goes over the some of the tools that you need to have in your repetoire: antibiotics, ekg, procedures, and management of some common cases. It is not pocket medicine with hundreds of diseases and pathologies with their management, this is just, in my opinion, a book that touches on many different areas that a resident needs competency in.

I'm technically done with my reading goals for the year!!! I have read the desired 6 books and even read another one on top of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment