Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Car Chronicles part 1: The Blue Acura TL

I’ll be right down, I texted back.

The owner of the 2006 Acura TL that I saw online was here. I got dressed and went down. On first sight, that car looked nice. Inside it was even better. I fell in love intstantly. The lights on the dashboard, the woodgrain, the leather seats. Maan. I need an acura in my live.

Now, it was time for the test drive. I started driving the car. Instantly I lost some of my passion for the car. The car started veering to the right, the car was riding roughly over potholes. These are easy fixes when you are dealing with regular cars whose parts and the cost of repair cost just a little bit of monty. This is not the case with an acura. It is an expensive car to maintain. I was going to use my money to buy the car and did not want any exorbitant costs after purchasing it.

I told the owner lets call him James. “James I like your car but I want this is what I feel.” I listed all the things I felt driving the car. “I need to have it inspected but in the mean time let me check when my mechanic will be able to inspect it.”

The next day I called him and said we will be having the acura dealership inspect the car. If there is nothing wrong with the car I will buy it. Thirty minutes later he texts me back “listen I sold the car.” 

Isn’t that convenient. I most likely would have gotten a pleasant surprise –a huge repair bill- after purchasing the car.

Dodged bullet 1. Thank goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment